What’s the worst car you’ve ever owned?

Car buyers are a hard-to-please bunch.

At the same time, though, a car is one of biggest items that people become emotionally attached to. For example, when my 1984 Toyota 4X4 pickup was stolen and destroyed, I was heartbroken. That truck wasn’t just a mode of transportation for me; it was a part of my life. So going to the impound yard to “identify the body” tore me up.

Definitely not a chick magnet!

Definitely not a chick magnet!


It’s funny how a car can infiltrate our emotions and create human-like attraction and ultimate satisfaction in the driving experience.

Of course, there are cars on the other side of that emotion too. This blog announces Consumer Reports’ findings on some of 2008’s most satisfying cars. Consumer Reports also announced the least satisfying vehicles of the year, which were overwhelmingly led by American models.

The Jeep Commander was the least satisfying of all, with only 32 percent of owners saying they’d definitely buy or lease one again. Joining the Jeep at the bottom were the pickup cousins of Colorado and Canyon from Chevy and GMC. Chevy’s Equinox was right down there, as was the trio of GM minivans the Chevy Uplander, Buick Terraza and Saturn Relay.

I have hope that American-made vehicles will start climbing up that list, but that’s not my point here. What I’m thinking about are the cars from our past that we’ve owned but would never own again. The cars we’ve hated but for some reason ended up driving, even if just for a short amount of time.

I sure remember mine… a 1985 Chevy Caprice. I’ll tell you what, my grandpa didn’t do me any favors with the ladies by giving that heap to me in high school!

What’s the least satisfying car you’ve ever owned? We want to hear your stories in the comment section!

-tgriffith 



Related posts:



Related posts:



Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий