The best car songs… ever!

1948_ferrari_barchetta

The famous Red Barchetta

When I decided to write about the best songs ever about cars, I had a few in mind but was quickly overwhelmed by the sheer number of great songs that pay tribute to the automobile. Seriously, I could fill a week’s worth of blogs on this topic alone.

Being a rocker at heart, I’m going to give my absolute favorite songs that both fuel my passion for rocking out while capturing the essence of what it means to fall under the spell of steel and chrome.

You won’t see any Little Deuce Coupes here or take any rides along Route 66. No one will drive a Chevy to the levy, and there will be no whining about getting a T-Bird taken away.

These, friends, are some of the best songs ever about cars (and I know there’s a ton more, so let us know your faves!):

Red Barchetta, Rush

Don’t we all wish we had uncles like the guy in this song? Every time I hear this song I can almost feel the speed and hear the sound of this old Ferrari.

Black Devil Car, Jamiroquai

Let the lyrics speak for themselves: “Riding around in my black devil car I can’t hear a sound because my foot pushing down too hard.”

The Distance, Cake

The story of a determined but lone race car driver… Ever feel like giving up on anything? Listen to this song!

I Can’t Drive 55, Sammy Hagar

“When I drive that slow, you know it’s hard to steer. And I can’t get my car out of second gear! What used to take two hours now takes all day.”

Well said Sammy, put the pedal to the metal!

Fuel, Metallica

The perfect song for driving fast is all about driving fast… Go ahead, quench your thirst with gasoline and turn up the stereo!

Your turn: What are your favorite car songs?

-tgriffith



Related posts:



Related posts:



Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий