Angry Goes West: Day 4


We awoke at the hotel in Topeka, KS to a wicked rain storm. Apparently God knew that we needed to be somewhere and decided it was time to water the earth. The Charger’s “don’t see me” cover was completely drenched and it took Johnny and I a good 30 minutes to wring that sucker out and pack it in the trunk. After that we fueled up and hit I-70 west.

For those of you that have never done a drive across the country I’d like to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about the state of Kansas. First off, it has some of the friendliest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and second, if you like corn, then this is the place for you. I have never in my entire existence as a human man seen as much of the yellow stuff in one place. It’s actually quite amazing. If asked to do it again though, I would have to opt for another route since it was also one of the most boring runs I have ever experienced.

Boulder, CO was our final stop of the day. We rolled in about 5pm, went for a nice steak dinner and then promptly passed out after our 540 mile drive. Boulder in and of itself is a beautiful little town—but very heavy in the hippie contingent, which is not my cup of tea. In fact Johnny and I were constantly trying to stir them up by free revving the 440 for shits and giggles… ah… to be old and immature. We then prowled the streets for awhile and interviewed the locals on what makes them “angry.”

This is where it began to get fun, due to the fact that hippies were hilarious all by themselves and needed no prodding from two Italian guys from NYC. Anger-wise, the environment, the cost of education and the apparent lack of cannabis seemed to be the big contenders of the day. Since my and Johnny’s hippie tolerance was running low, we decided to keep the interviews short and crash early to be ready for our long drive to Bryce Canyon, UT. Stay tuned for that one, because the pics will be unbelievable.



Related posts:



Related posts:



Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий